Tuesday 4 December 2012

Review. NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
I have extremely hooded lids, which means that eye shadows tend to crease quite badly on me. I only really discovered e/s primers a couple of years ago and I must say now, they're an absolute God send. I use to use the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but that started to fail on me and I started looking for other alternatives. 

Then I saw/heard/read that the Nars primer was suppose to be one of the best on the market. At £18 it's not the cheapest, but then again you don't use much product, so it will last a long time. The primer has a doe foot applicator and the product itself is white, and really easy to blend.

Pro's.
• Keeps e/s in place all day, with no creasing
• Enhances pigmentation of e/s
• No oily lids
• Easy application, product itself is creamy and smooth, making it easy to blend on the eyelid

Con's.
• Expensive (£18)
• Packaging can get dirty and there's no indication of how much product is left
• Because the product is clear it doesn't cover any discolouration on the lid

Overall I'm glad I purchased the Nars primer, even if it is a tad expensive. I personally believe it's worth the money and I know that when I wear e/s its going to stay put all day!
Twitter  |  Tumblr  |  Youtube 

5 comments:

  1. Oo, this looks fancy. Definitely a treat at £18 but if it does the job well then I'm sure it's worth it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see this review! I've been wondering whether to put this on my xmas list as my eye lids are sooo oily. I'm really glad to hear it actually does the job well as £18 is expensive for this type of product. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear this works well. If you spend that much on a product, the results should be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh This sounds delightful, Must Try!

    Great post, Followed!

    My Fashion/Beauty Blog
    http://xfruitytooty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lovely, I am new to your blog and you tube so am working my way through both at the moment :) I also use the nars eyeshadow primer and thought I'd share a tip with you, when you think your near the end, remove the clear plug type thing and you'll get loads more out of it, I thought mine was finished so removed the bung/plug and have been using it for another 4 weeks and there's still loads left :) loving your blog and channel, lots of love, Zoe xxxxx

    ReplyDelete