Friday 5 October 2012

Review: Sleek Brow Kit in Dark

 Sleek Brow Kit in Dark (£8.50)

I'm always on the look out for new brow products, probably because they're my favourite things! If I can just stick my eyebrows on in the morning, I'll be happy. Anyways, since my brow pens were running out, I decided to do a bit of research and see what else was on the market. I had heard that the Sleek brow kit was rather good and so I popped into Superdrug at the weekend and picked up the colour in dark. 

In my Superdrug there was only 2 options, Light and Dark, which won't suit everybody. But I had a look on their website and they do Extra Dark and Black too. I still think people with really light brows would be missing out though, since I did swatch the 'Light' colour on my hand and it wasn't particularly that light, more medium if anything!

Swatches

I am in love with the wax, it's such a good colour and applies like a dream. The colour is perfect for my brows too. I like to use the wax to fill in any gaps in my brows as well as the front part of my brow. I found that it worked really well for this since it adds a subtle shade which is not too in your face and fake. The wax itself doesn't keep my brows in place but that's because I have thick hairs which tend to do whatever they please. So I just use some clear mascara for that.

The powder is a lovely dark brown shade, not too warm or cool in colour. I tend to only use the wax on an everyday basis but will use the powder for a more defined look. I tried to get the Mac 263 brush at the weekend to use with the powder but they didn't have it in stock.

As for the little tools in the kit, I really like the flat brush, its good for using with the wax. The angled brush is a little too flimsy so that takes a back seat. And I have yet to use the tweezers as my Tweezerman ones are the best things ever created, but they would be handy to have just incase I forgot my HG ones.

All in all I'm really enjoying using this product, and I would definitely recommend it!
Twitter  |  Tumblr  |  Youtube 

3 comments:

  1. such a handy little kit!
    xxx


    www.TheBeautyBelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this! Definitely my favourite brow kit

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this but bought the wrong colour : ( I wanted a medium but went for light and it's too orangey on me

    xx

    ReplyDelete