Friday 10 August 2012

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Review


This is another product which I've heard so many many good things about. And since I was running out of my Clarins cleanser I decided to nip into John Lewis and pick up the starter C&P kit from LE. The cleanser comes in a little blue bag with 2 muslin cloths and a info card including some directions on how to use it.


I would recommend getting the starter kit if its your first time. The bag is rather useful as I tend to be at my boyfriend's at the weekend or down in Abersoch, so all I do is pop my C&P in the bag along with the muslin cloths and their ready to go and there's no danger of them becoming dirty (I'm a little OCD like that). 

The 2 muslin cloths are really big and are a little more abrasive than my No. 7 ones which I like because I do tend to have quite dry skin and therefore the cloths really do give me a great exfoliation. I use the cloths about 4 times before I put them in the wash. 

Before using the C&P, I take all my makeup off with my Bioderma and a cotton pad. Therefore the cloths don't get as grubby and the C&P can concentrate on cleansing my skin.


I use one pump which is enough for my whole face. I apply it to dry skin and massage it all over. Next I run a muslin cloth under warm water and ring it out slightly. I let the C&P sit for about 1 minute before polishing it with the cloth. Once all the cleanser has been removed I run the cloth under warm water again and just got over my skin gently to make sure everything has gone! I then rinse the cloth a third time and hang it on the radiator to dry out.


The cleanser definitely has quite a strong smell to it, which I don't particularly like but is not overbearing and goes away after its on the skin. 

All in all I really do love this product and I am so happy I bought it. I thought at first the rich formula would irritate my skin but it is the absolute opposite. My skin is completely clean and super soft to touch afterwards.

I honestly do recommend this product. And if you are unsure there is a 50ml version available too!
Next on my LE list is the Instant Boost Skin Tonic & the Skin Repair Moisturiser.

Have you guys tried this? And what were your thoughts?
Harriet x

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of C&P and bought the August essentials this month which is £41 for the C&P, Skin Tonic & Moisturiser, and you get a free full-sized Sheer Skin Tint too which is a really good deal. Definitely recommend you get the others, using them all together has made my skin feel really healthy! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks for rec! You've made me want them even more now, haha. I love having super clean skin, just can't beat it. xx

      Delete